Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote 6.5.2 Your presentation couldn't be sent to YouTube.

User uploaded file

When I try to create a YouTube video from my presentation recording (Share > Send a Copy > YouTube), Keynote 6.5.2 gives me this error message: "Your presentation couldn't be sent to YouTube. Check your Internet connection, and try again."

I have tried:

1. a YouTube account created from the Google account managed by my university
  2. my own personal Google account's YouTube account
  3. wireless Internet (at university)
  4. ethernet cable (at university)
  5. Send as Movie to YouTube - Playback: Slideshow Recording
  6. Send as Movie to YouTube - Playback: Self-Playing
  7. Access: Make this movie personal -- checkbox checked and unchecked (in the YouTube details window)
  8. using a simpler recording with only the first four slides, instead of my previous trial recording in which I rapidly skipped past several slides (by quickly tapping the right-arrow key)

I could try a different wireless network on campus, or a few wireless networks off campus, but I'm inclined to think it's not a problem with this Japanese university's internet, since they have not blocked other ports commonly blocked by American universities.

What is the problem? How do I solve it?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), 2.4GHzIntelCore2Duo;4GB 1067MHzDDR3

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 2:31 AM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2015 11:37 PM in response to ethereality

It appears the YouTube account associated with the Google account managed by this Japanese university fails to function correctly: I cannot "create [its] channel" necessary to upload videos. (In both Safari and Google Chrome, it flashes a 'Loading' window endlessly, even after updating Adobe Flash Player.) Assuming this share-to-YouTube feature has become obsolete and Apple forgot to remove it, I have found the following workaround with a separate Google account:

1. File > Export To > Quicktime... (Keynote)
  2. Upload the resulting m4v video at youtube.com (Safari)

I should comment that after successfully uploading the video, YouTube warned of potential audio-visual sync problems and recommended running the video first through iMovie.

I am still hopeful for a solution to the problem, rather than this workaround, due both to the potential time-saving and Apple's reputation for quality products.

Keynote 6.5.2 Your presentation couldn't be sent to YouTube.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.