Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 screen unable to withstand basic impact?

I have had my iPhone 6 for one month. yesterday I went to grab my jacket (the phone was in the pocket) and my phone slid out of the pocket and the screen shattered. What surprised me was that it fell about 1.5 feet from the ground onto a carpeted surface and fell on it's back so the screen side was face up. The screen still completely shattered. My salesman sold me an additional piece of tempered glass which she told me would crack before the screen and apparently she was wrong. I am very disappointed that the new phones are made so poorly that they cannot withstand basic impact. I had the 4S before this for 3 years and had dropped it on tile and onto pavement before and never had a problem! I am currently asking myself why do I want to continue to invest my money in a product that is getting increasingly delicate when life is simply not designed to be so seamless. I have seen other posts where people have suggested that the best solution is to not drop your phone. Well, thanks for the wise advice but I have to think we are all human and would lifke to see a more reliable product from you Apple.

iPhone 6, null

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 4:45 AM

4 replies

Mar 26, 2015 5:14 AM in response to EmilyD84

The thinner the phone and the bigger the screen, the more delicate the phone 😉

But the iPhone is not the only device that has those problems when getting dropped.

Buying a shockproof case could solve this, although I have read posts where even those cases did not help.

Since we all are users here, just like you, Apple does not follow these discussions and can only be reached by using this link, if you want to let them know about your thoughts.

Apple - iPhone - Feedback

iPhone 6 screen unable to withstand basic impact?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.