Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Difficulty texting and and making calls after iOS 8.2 update on iphone 5

Hi

Since upgrading to iOS 8.2 on my iPhone 5 a couple of months ago I have had cellular connectivity problems. But even when I have several bars of reception texts won't send / receive and phone calls fail. iMessage and wifi connection is unaffected. The problems occur 50% of the time. The rest of the time the phone works.

I have checked with my carrier and they say there are no signal problems in my area, I have also replaced the SIM card but problems continue. My carrier says it may be a fault with the phone and to take it to an Apple store. However as I am disabled this is difficult. The phone is also out of warranty.

Has any one else had similar issues and / or have any ideas how to fix it? Should I try a factory reset?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 6:32 AM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2015 6:37 AM in response to Saucelicious

Hi Saucelicious,

If you are having issues with your iPhone's cellular connectivity, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

Force an app to close in iOS

Next, I would try restarting and if needed resetting the iPhone -

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue is still present, you may want to restore the iPhone as a new device -

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Difficulty texting and and making calls after iOS 8.2 update on iphone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.