Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Got the ip address for sensitive AppleID activities?

Hi there,

Is there a way to got the log in IP address for sensitive AppleID activities? such as reset password, disable 'find my iphone' etc?

I just lost an iphone, and from my AppleID email account, I can see some how the thief reset my AppleID account, and disabled 'find my iphone'.

The support hotline told me that they have no information of the login IP address, but as an IT engineer, I think there could be and should be. Even this info is kind of sensitive, it is also important to protect our iphones.

So the question is, do we or do we not have the IP address for these sensitive actives?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Leonid

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 4:18 AM

3 replies

Mar 26, 2015 4:31 AM in response to Leonid.W

The phone is already protected by the Activation Lock feature. Your phone can only be used again if the thief knows your AppleID and your password.

If you think that your account has been corrupted, contact Apple ID support about that: Apple - Support - Apple ID

And I think, there is no way that the IP addresses will be recorded by anyone else than an law enforcement agency having a court order for that.

To find out more about the Activation Lock, check these articles:

iCloud: Activation Lock

Find My iPhone Activation Lock

Mar 26, 2015 6:43 PM in response to Ingo2711

Thanks Ingo!

Yes I believe the account was corrupted, here's the thing

1. my phone got stolen

2. I called the police, and after about an hour 'find my iphone' showed it is 'offline', I set it to 'lost mode' and to 'play a sound' when it turned on.

3. after abourt 17 hrs, 4 emails from Apple notifying me:

* the account password has been requested to be reset

* the sound has been played on my phone,

* password was reset,

* and of course the 'lost mode' was disabled.

4. I reset the account password with 'sensitive question answers', but 'find my iphone' did not work any more, it's gone.

I guess they just cracked the password somehow, and just used it to resotre/reset my phone.

If they changed the 'sensitive question', I will lose all my stuff in icloud...

I just wanted to know how they cracked the account, but Apple hot line told me they had no idea.

And yes, I don't want the IP address for these operations myself, I can ask the law enforcement to do that if Apple has the information.

Got the ip address for sensitive AppleID activities?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.