Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Small cracks on iPhone 6 without even dropping it or knocking it

i got a iphone 6 on Christmas and I was using it on newyears eve and when I we where caming home from docklands I fell asleep and when I got out of the car i forgot that my iPhone was on mt lap and I got up and it fell and smashed i went to Apple and got it fixed but ever sence then I have never drop or knocked it and every couple of weeks or so I am seeing more and more little cracks on the screen. Can you please help and tell me if apple is having a recall???? and if not I hope that they do

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 3:07 AM

Did the Apple Store replace the screen? If yes, bring it back to them and let them have another look at it. Dropping the phone is not covered by the warranty, you might have to pay for the screen to be replaced.

Screen repair service pricing
Repair and replacement costs depend on your iPhone model and your AppleCare product coverage. Apple will run a diagnostic test to determine whether your iPhone has experienced additional damage. If it has, or if it needs other repairs, you may need to pay an out-of-warranty service fee. Accidental damage isn't covered under the Apple One Year Limited Warranty.

Model Screen repair cost
iPhone 6 $109
iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 $129

Plus a $6.95 shipping fee, if required. Fees are in USD and exclude local tax. Pricing is for service through Apple. The final service fee we charge will be determined during testing. Pricing and terms vary for service through an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

copied from Service Answer Center - iPhone

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2015 3:07 AM in response to swans1122

Did the Apple Store replace the screen? If yes, bring it back to them and let them have another look at it. Dropping the phone is not covered by the warranty, you might have to pay for the screen to be replaced.

Screen repair service pricing
Repair and replacement costs depend on your iPhone model and your AppleCare product coverage. Apple will run a diagnostic test to determine whether your iPhone has experienced additional damage. If it has, or if it needs other repairs, you may need to pay an out-of-warranty service fee. Accidental damage isn't covered under the Apple One Year Limited Warranty.

Model Screen repair cost
iPhone 6 $109
iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 $129

Plus a $6.95 shipping fee, if required. Fees are in USD and exclude local tax. Pricing is for service through Apple. The final service fee we charge will be determined during testing. Pricing and terms vary for service through an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

copied from Service Answer Center - iPhone

Mar 30, 2015 12:34 AM in response to swans1122

As I mentioned elsewhere:

If you purchased AppleCare+ for the gadget, I believe you are entitled to repairs for TWO accidental damage events for a service charge of $79 apiece. It costs $99 and must be purchased within the first 60 days of having acquired the device. You do the math.

I wonder… Does Samsung replace broken Galaxies for free?

Small cracks on iPhone 6 without even dropping it or knocking it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.