Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 iOS 8.2 apps are not updating/installing

I noticed that since 2 days ago my iPhone 6 (iOS 8,2) has 12 pending updates which does not download at all, I also tried do install a new app without any luck. Had googled and read all topics that I found, still can't update, not even connecting to my computer and using iTunes.

Thanks in advance

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 1:22 AM

7 replies

Mar 26, 2015 1:26 AM in response to zezitto

Any error messages given when you try to sync with iTunes on your computer?

Can you download new apps from the iTunes Store on your phone?

Did you already try to reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again? You will not lose any data by resetting, but it can cure some glitches.

Did you try to log out of the AppStore on your phone in Settings/iTunes&AppStore, restart the phone and log in again?

If this does not help, setting it up as new device would be the next step:

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Mar 26, 2015 5:45 AM in response to Ingo2711

Initially I though the same but after some testings with my computer definitely my network is not the problem, I have no issues downloading huge files from several different sites. Another weird thing is that my phone shows 12 updates and iTunes shows roughly 30 updates, I am starting to think that there is something wrong with my phone although it is brand new.

iPhone 6 iOS 8.2 apps are not updating/installing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.