Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 battery drain since iOS 8.2 update

hello,

my name is Udi, from Israel.

i have an iPhone 5 which i purchased in June 2013.

since the beginning, i have always kept the battery saving "rules", including correct charging of a lithium ion battery, auto-brightness off, reduce motion on, push notifications off, background app refresh off, cellular data off when not in use, etc. etc.

since updating to iOS 8, my battery life has decreased a little. but since updating to iOS 8.2 a few days ago, i have experienced, what is in my standards, a serious battery drain. e.g. when i sleep, with my iPhone on airplane mode at night battery decreases by ~15%.

i have tried everything, including restoring the phone and using a backup.

what can i do?

will a restore from scratch (without using a backup) help?

thanks in advance =)

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 1:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 1:55 AM

Yes, try to set it back to factory settings and don't use any backup data afterwards. Add your other settings manually again and see if the battery life gets better.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Maybe also take a look at this page about battery drainage

12 replies

Mar 26, 2015 2:15 AM in response to udi85

If this does not help, get your phone checked by visiting an Authorized Apple Service Provider or Apple Store next to your place, or contact Apple Support and talk to them. They can check the battery online.

You can also visit this page to do that: iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Click on Apple Support, then on ->Battery, Power &Charging ->Battery questions and troubleshooting, and follow the instructions.

iPhone 5 battery drain since iOS 8.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.