Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logging on my Mac automatically switches to Windows on Bootcamp

My Mac started booting me off OSX and sending me right over to Windows via Bootcamp whenever I try to log in.

After I log in with my password, the nothing loads up but my wallpaper (dark), then the system simply restarts to Windows (without showing me boot options)

It also displays a 'guest user' login option when I never set that up as well.

I have come up with two possible reasons why this is happening:

1) Somehow my automator script for (one click reboot to windows) is running whenever I login. I've had this for a while, but never had problems with it until now. I don't know if (maybe) updating my OSX made my script incompatible and somehow made it run automatically, but this seems unlikely because the script doesn't really alter anything from the OS (AFAIK). Still the symptoms of this issue EXACTLY simulates when the script is run.

2) It's some sort of a Virus/malware. I don't know if there are viruses that are known to do this, nor whether a virus from my Windows partition can crawl it's way over to the OSX partition and cause errors. Note I do not have any virus detection or remover programs installed on either of my OS's.

I am using Retina MBP 15, running probably the latest OSX as of Feb. 2015 (when I last checked for any updates)

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 5:21 AM

5 replies

Apr 3, 2015 9:52 PM in response to Loner T

I did not make the script myself so I can only link it here. (I don't know how it works or whether it's the cause of the problem.)

http://d.pr/f/OQFw

And--to clarify my situation--my OSX will boot fine until the login screen, where when I log in using my password it just freeze at the wallpaper then automatically boot to my Windows. I have tried the reboot options using Bootcamp software on Windows already to no use.

Logging on my Mac automatically switches to Windows on Bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.