Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks for Mac (Yosemite)/ iBooks on iPad not syncing

Hi,

I have been struggling to figure out how to sync iBooks properly since upgrading to Yosemite. I don't see a sync option in the iBooks app for Mac, and the most recent downloads (via the iBooks app for Mac) are not showing up in iTunes. When I go into iBooks on the iPad, I get the little cloud download icon next to the new books. Can anyone help explain what's going on here? I'm at a loss.

Thanks in advance.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 5:07 AM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2015 5:43 AM in response to oddityofwings42

The books that you have stored in the iBooks app on your Mac should show on your iTunes on the iPad's Books tab for selecting and syncing to it (assuming that they are compatible with it). The books are still downloaded into the iBooks app on your Mac ?

In the iBooks app on your Mac you only have the 'sync bookmarks, highlights, and collections' on its General tab in its preferences (command-comma), but that doesn't copy books onto a device (syncing is done via iTunes), all it does is if you already have the book on your devices/computers and that setting is enabled then any notes/highlights that you make are kept in-line between those devices/computers, and if you move a book into a collection on one of them then it's also moved into the same collection on the others.

iBooks for Mac (Yosemite)/ iBooks on iPad not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.