Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone5S will no longer connect to my home wifi but others do.

My iPhone5S will no longer connect to my home wifi but others do. Mine will connect to other networks. I have rebooted the router and the phone, reset Network Settings, deleted the wifi network and reinstated it. Can anyone please help?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 7:24 AM

2 replies

Mar 29, 2015 7:19 AM in response to Telbuoy

Good day Telbuoy,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your iPhone 5s is not connecting to your home Wi-Fi network. You've done a good job of isolating this behavior to your iPhone and home Wi-Fi router.

There are a few more steps that I'd suggest trying next:

Make sure your iPhone is updated to the latest iOS version using the steps in Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Make sure your router is using the settings in Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points.

Update your Wi-Fi router with the latest firmware and make sure the router supports your Apple product. For more information, contact the manufacturer of your router. (from If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network)

Best Regards,

Jeremy

Mar 29, 2015 7:32 AM in response to Telbuoy

I suggest you test the Wi-Fi of your iPhone at other locations such as your local library or coffee shop. Anywhere that free Wi-Fi is available. If your phone connects to other Wi-Fi networks but not your home network, you know the problem lies with your Home network. But if your phone has problems connecting to any Wi-Fi network then there is most likely a hardware issue in your iPhone. In that case make an appointment at an Apple Store to have your device examined by a technician. Or contact Apple Support. Be sure to back up your device before taking or sending it to Apple.

My iPhone5S will no longer connect to my home wifi but others do.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.