Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which port do I use to connect external speakers and necessary changes in preferences. I plug in my headphones into the headphone jack and they work fine. When I try to plug in external speakers i cannot get them to work. The mac mini speakers are

Which port do I use to connect external speakers and necessary changes in preferences.

I plug in my headphones into the headphone jack and they work fine. When I try to plug in external speakers i cannot get them to work.

The mac mini speakers are too quiet for my hearing loss and I don't want to constantly wear headphones.

What am I doing wrong. I thought the 1st speakers I bought were not working. But new ones won't work either. I use just for sound not music, not stereo, etc.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), mini purchased in 2012

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 7:51 AM

3 replies

Mar 26, 2015 8:19 AM in response to lllaass

I just found out the outlet that I plugged them into was not tight and the current wouldn't stay. I felt so dumb.

I tried using speakers that plug into via USB and I couldn't get them to work on my mini. I plugged them directly into my mini. Do you have a clue.. Just interested in why. They didn't involve an ac adapter. Thanks for all your help.

Which port do I use to connect external speakers and necessary changes in preferences. I plug in my headphones into the headphone jack and they work fine. When I try to plug in external speakers i cannot get them to work. The mac mini speakers are

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.