Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot open .docx from a Windows 8 machine. I am using Windows for Mac 2008

I have Mac OS X 10.6.8 and I am using Microsoft Office for Mac 2008. My colleague recently upgraded her PC to a Windows 8. Now I can't open any of her documents on my Mac. See the key part of the message below. I've tried unlocking the document. Someone else with Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 did manage to open this document. I have a Windows 8.1 laptop and have no problems opening documents I save on that on my Mac. Help gratefully received, but please note I am not a technician!

User uploaded file

Mac mini (Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8), Using Microsoft Office for Mac 2008

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 8:33 AM

2 replies

Mar 26, 2015 10:09 AM in response to a brody

Hi a brody, and thanks for replying. I normally have no problems reading, editing and saving .docx files using Office for Mac 2008. But the ones she is now creating and saving I simply can't open. I don't know whether others can see the screen shot I inserted into my question - I can't! I suspect that's the Safari version I'm using.

Cannot open .docx from a Windows 8 machine. I am using Windows for Mac 2008

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.