Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gateway timeout: can't connect to remote host

I Woke up this morning and my internet responded with the following message "gateway timeout: can't connect to remote host" Its doing this on multiple computers and my iPhone. I have a Motorola modem and an apple airport express router. I'm running OS X 10.10.2. I tried hard resets on the modem and router. Sometimes google, YouTube, and Facebook load, but no other websites. Can anyone please help?

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 5:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 11:28 AM

I would suspect that you will need to take this up with your Internet Service Provider. The issue you are having is related to not being able to communicate with your ISP's router. That is the one that is providing your Public IP address and the appropriate DNS servers in order to access the Internet.

I would recommend that you contact your ISP and have them run a "line check" between their service and the modem. If they provided you with the modem, I would further suggest that you ask them for a replacement ... especially if the modem is 2+ years old.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2015 11:28 AM in response to t1footsoc

I would suspect that you will need to take this up with your Internet Service Provider. The issue you are having is related to not being able to communicate with your ISP's router. That is the one that is providing your Public IP address and the appropriate DNS servers in order to access the Internet.

I would recommend that you contact your ISP and have them run a "line check" between their service and the modem. If they provided you with the modem, I would further suggest that you ask them for a replacement ... especially if the modem is 2+ years old.

Gateway timeout: can't connect to remote host

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.