Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBPr 13" early 2015 doesn't boot

macbook pro w/ retina. Early 2015. Won't boot at all. Left it shutdown over night, MagSafe disconnected. Plugged it in today, won't boot. Initially had Amber light on MagSafe. Tried smc reset. Light would turn green and back to Amber. No boot. Left t charging about an hour. Now MagSafe is green. Still no boot. Smc reset has No effect on light.

Prior to this issue, I was having issues with wake after sleep. If it went to sleep while on battery power it would require a force restart to turn On. Also noticed extremely decreased battery life. 3.5 hours out of full charge.

Suspect bad battery? Unfortunately in offshore for 2 more weeks and cannot get to apprentice til then. Any thoughts?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), null

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 6:45 AM

3 replies

Mar 29, 2015 7:17 AM in response to sterling r

Thank you for the reply.

Update: spoke to apple support. They're interested in seeing what happened since its the newest model. Weve arranged to exchange my broken mbprfor a new one and to send my broken machine to their engineers to evaluate

while while it's unfortunate my machine quit working, I was very pleased with the response that apple had to my problem.

MBPr 13" early 2015 doesn't boot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.