Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple-id want me login with an old non existent e-mailadress

I´ve used the sam Apple-id for many years and I have changed the primary e-mailadress twice since the beginning and the original adress doesn't exist any more. Logging in to my iCloud using my apple-id isn't any problem on my iPhone, iPad or my Mcbook. But yesterday I started up my iMac after a long time not using it and I upgraded the os to Yosemite. Now it wants me to log in to iCloud using my old non-existent emailadress. And when I try, it says something like "You can't log in because your account has been inactivated by security reasons." And then it suggests me to reset the password at http://iforgt.apple.com.

To reset your password you have to recieve an email on how to reset the password. But since the email-adress doesn't exist any more thats not an option. It then suggests me to answer my security question and first you have to enter your birthdate but when I do that Apple says it doesn't match with the birthdata I've entered 10 years ago. 🙂

So, how do I solve the problem?

/Fredrik Meuller

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 6:43 AM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2015 8:07 AM in response to Freddegredde

You need to give Apple Support a call - only they will be able to help you and activate the account again. See this webpage on how to contact Apple Support in your country: There are either telephone numbers given or an email form:

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Explain, that you need help with an account security problem.

My Apple-id want me login with an old non existent e-mailadress

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.