Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.2 Contact Synchronization Bug!! Help

Dear Sir/Mdm,

I am using iPhone 6 and today I accidentally update my phone from 8.1 to 8,2 during end of work hours.

As it turns out, most (80%) my contacts weren't there and when I checked my database in outlook; it was still there. I am having synchronization issue right now and find so much difficulties for not having to create new contact due to the glitch/bug in synchronization with outlook/hotmail.

tried to format but it doesn't help.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Good day.

Jeff.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2, null

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 9:17 AM

1 reply

Mar 27, 2015 11:09 PM in response to Jeffrilin Kangin

I had exactly the same issue, I solved it by restoring my phone to a previous backup where I still have my contacts (I recommend you do another backup before) make sure you deactivate the synchronization of your contacts with your ICloud account so you don´t allow ICloud to erase your contacts again ( do this before restoring) , Once you get your contacts back download a contact backup app, ( i bought the MCBackupPro which you can also use for free if you have less than 500 contacts). Keep them in a safe place and just be careful not to active the iCloud sync tab for your contacts on your phone SETTINGS> ICLOUD>CONTACTS TAB MUST BE OFF. Go to iCloud.com and upload your contacts file (.VCF) on the cloud so you have them backed up just in case, I recommend you do this once a month or after you add many contacts.

iOS 8.2 Contact Synchronization Bug!! Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.