Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Appletv 3rd is flashing Green screen Not Apple !

Apple retail store had replace it six months ago since it was under warranty.It was doing the same thing flashing green screen ! I've connected it with my computer reinstalled factory settings changed my HDMI cable . Now yesterday I had reset the settings as it was hooked to the TV I had never given to the flashing green screen to settings and then general and then reset and it worked . But when I got home last night and turned it on there was that flashing green screen ! I need some wisdom on this please ! Thanks Fred

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 6:33 AM

5 replies

Mar 26, 2015 6:35 AM in response to Grandpa Ollie

If your problem persists get yourself a micro USB cable (sold separately), you can restore your Apple TV from iTunes:

1. Remove ALL cables from Apple TV. (if you don't you will not see Apple TV in the iTunes Source List
  2. Connect the micro USB cable to the Apple TV and to your computer.
  3. Reconnect the power cable (only for Apple TV 3)
  4. Open iTunes.
  5. Select your Apple TV in the Devices list, and then click Restore.

(You may already have a micro USB cable if you have a camera or other digital device)

Mar 26, 2015 12:26 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Sir Winston , I've restored it last night pulled into the Mac and have replaced the HDMI cable . The other day I turned it on only to see that dreaded green screen flashing at my eyes ! When i navagated through the flashing to Settings , General , reset and it worked , only to be turned on that afternoon to view that green flashing screen !! Fred

Appletv 3rd is flashing Green screen Not Apple !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.