Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question about getting photos from aperture library

Aperture was not putting photos in my pictures folder like I had it set up to do. When it did, I would find them loose and not in my folders.

That is why I switched from iPhoto.

Another thing bad about iPhoto, it lost metadata and when I tried to export, I would get tiny thumbnails.

Lightroom is too cumbersome and I didn't like it either.

Any suggestions?

I want my photos folders and not hidden in some obscure unaccessable 20% folder.

Now I have tidied up my folders and I know you are supposed to let Aperture to do the moving, but I can no longer trust it.

I don't care about photo manipulation. Long time Photoshop fan. Just want something to preview my photo library.

If I start a new Aperture library will I loose the photos it has tucked away?

Thanks. I know this post rambles somewhat, because I am confused about how to maintain all my high res photos and metadata.

It is important to me.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 9:37 AM

3 replies

Mar 26, 2015 10:07 AM in response to Mark Drinkard

Reply to my own post.

I think I have a solution to suit me.

Rather than importing from camera, import from my personal pictures folder.

Then no matter what happens, I will have all originals intact and backed up to external firewire drive via super duper.

When I take new photos, just copy them to a new folder arranged by date.

Then open Aperture, iPhoto, Lightroom or Capture one. and let it do it's thing. It won't matter.

Will this work? - Mark Drinkard

Mar 26, 2015 10:08 AM in response to Mark Drinkard

Hi Mark,

Your post does ramble. What, specifically, do you wish to accomplish? Without a pin-point goal, all you'll get is motion, not progress.

You can use Finder for file management, and Finder's Icon View and Cover Flow View, as well as Quick View, for image viewing. This is, of course, simpler (and infinitely less capable) than using a image database such as iPhoto or Aperture.

HTH,

—Kirby.

Mar 26, 2015 10:39 AM in response to Kirby Krieger

Thanks for the reply. You somehow ascertained what I was trying to convey.

Yes, all I want is an image viewer that will show all my folders as Projects or Sessions,

but leaves my originals in my folder structure in my Pictures folder in the finder.

Did you read my followup reply? Wondering if that is a workable solution to ease my mind.

Question about getting photos from aperture library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.