Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

startup. i would like to stop the autolaunch

i would like to suppress the autolaunch of iTunes

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 7:57 AM

Hey there jimsmac07,

As I understand it, it seems like you want iTunes to stop launching automatically when you connect your phone to your device. You can prevent that from happening by disabling the option to have the device sync automatically in the Devices section of the iTunes preferences:

iTunes 12 for Mac: iTunes Devices preferences

Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically

Prevent devices from automatically syncing with this iTunes library when a device is connected. To sync a device, click the Sync button when the device is connected.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2015 7:57 AM in response to jimsmac07

Hey there jimsmac07,

As I understand it, it seems like you want iTunes to stop launching automatically when you connect your phone to your device. You can prevent that from happening by disabling the option to have the device sync automatically in the Devices section of the iTunes preferences:

iTunes 12 for Mac: iTunes Devices preferences

Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically

Prevent devices from automatically syncing with this iTunes library when a device is connected. To sync a device, click the Sync button when the device is connected.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

startup. i would like to stop the autolaunch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.