Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto to iMovie

I have a dashboard camera. I have it set to record 3 minute sections. After a short drive I have 50 3 minute videos. When I plug the camera into the iMAC, iPhoto automatically comes up. I then have downloaded the 50 sections which iPhoto treats as slides. I would like to get all 50, 3 minute, sections into the iMOVIE app. Does anyone know how to do this? All comments appreciated.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 11:08 AM

Create a smart album in iPhoto with the criteria: Photo is Movie. Next, open iMovie and click on the iPhoto Library icon in the left hand pane and select My Albums next to it. Find the Movie smart album and double click on it. This is what you'll see in iMovie:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

2 replies

iPhoto to iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.