Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iCloud restore in-app data?

Single mum with GSOH (somewhat fading momentarily;) seeking some iPad / iCloud techie help please?
My eldest son (14yrs) caught his younger brother looking at some M-rated content, and so 'took matters into his own hands' and turned off Safari, locked Restrictions with a password, and then immediately forgot it! Very safe indeed! 😐
We have been trying for weeks to work out his password to no avail.
The iPad is an essential tool for the younger brothers school work, in class, where the teachers get them to use mulitiple Apps, that contain their school work. However, without Safari my son cant finish many of his recent projects.
I am thinking about deleting the iPad with "Find My iPhone" and backing up from iCloud, but I have a few questions.
1. Will iCloud restore the in-app data, including all of his classroom work?
2. Not being the main passcode, can I get around the lost Restrictions-passcode some other, more simple way?

The iPad is on the same Apple and iCloud account as my iPhone, if that helps at all!?
I was thinking I could load all of his apps (from 'purchased') onto my phone and save their data there first? But even if that would work, it would take many hours! And Im not even sure it would all fit, as there is about 20ish apps on his 64 iPad, compared to my measly 16!
Surely there's a simpler way???

iPhone 3GS, Possibly Safari issue also??

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 9:03 AM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2015 10:17 AM in response to Caledapho

Caledapho wrote:

1. Will iCloud restore the in-app data, including all of his classroom work?
2. Not being the main passcode, can I get around the lost Restrictions-passcode some other, more simple way?

1. Yes icloud will restore data and the passcode - completely useless for results

2. No you can't get around.

Your 14 years old may have used some logical number and that is your only hope, cause the only difference between those pass codes, with restrictions you

have unlimited amount of attempts as far as I know.

Loading apps from purchased does not save data. It is like brand new app.

Does iCloud restore in-app data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.