Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync Mail Accounts?

I added a new mail account to my Mac Pro with Yosemite.

I own an iPhone 5 and that new email account hasn't shown up. I thought a big reason why we wanted an Apple phone with an Apple computer is they synced seamlessly?

I've checked the forums and searched Google for this answer and I don't find a solution.

I have iCloud. I have it turned on, on the Phone and on the Mac. I have Mail checked on both. I have synced a couple times. Still, no new email account on the Phone.

Do I have to manually type in all the info again on the phone?

Thanks for your time.

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 9:08 AM

14 replies

Jun 11, 2017 8:10 PM in response to LACAllen

Thanks, LACAllen, but I still don't get the concept, since what information I enter to establish my gmail and yahoo mail accounts on my MBP are the same that I have to enter on my iPhone and are details akin to my passwords to various accounts/websites. These are details that I type into my MBP and then are confirmed with google and yahoo. Why can't these same details (names and passwords) be similarly moved and set up on my iPhone? thanks

Jul 5, 2017 4:49 AM in response to Paul Melzer

Paul Melzer wrote:

It's not clear from your response why it's not possible to sync mailboxes in the same manner that passwords (a la keychain access)? Can you elaborate?

Once again if we re read my previous answer mail sync is automatic process and all devices sync from mail server, being that a yahoo, gmail or anything else. It is however our decision which device connects to that server and we decide that by setting up mail account, entering our password and bypassing server security. While referral to Apple feedback website is customer response to un answerable questions, as was mentioned before ( why phone does not fly me to work or does not show me the dark side of the moon when I think Pink Floyd) - I decided to entertain myself by answering your question directly in the same manner as before to try to break through the Apple's customer's customary "curiosity".

Mar 26, 2015 11:21 AM in response to Scot Walker

It seems that you have a phone problem or an iCloud problem, not a Mac problem. I'm not qualified to give you advice about that. You could try clearing the network settings on the phone, but I really have no idea whether it will work. In your place, I would contact Apple Support. Meanwhile, I'll ask the moderators to move your question to the iPhone forum.

Mar 27, 2015 7:53 AM in response to fromsouth

Thanks for the snarky comment.

I see, so it reads my mind and syncs my mail, my bookmarks, my music, my videos, my calendar, my photos ... it can hand off between iPhone and Mac ... it can even allow me to make phone calls and send text messages through my Mac ... but syncing my mail account settings is the equivalent of a flying car.

Got it.

Mar 27, 2015 11:40 AM in response to Scot Walker

syncing your mail account is not a problem, setting up is. Sorry you don't see the difference. Flying car example is used by me since the dawn of time when wonderful Apple customers ask me why iPhone does not have capabilities of different things, robots, Microsoft outlook, car, spy, content provider, translator, psychic or is unable to make me (or anyone else for that matter) smarter.

Sync Mail Accounts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.