Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi. I currently have an imac from 2010 running 10.6.8 and am a little nervous to update software. However, I am running ilife 2009 and would like to update to the newest software for iphoto and imovie. Is this ok to do if still running os 10.6.8?

Hi. I currently have an imac from 2010 running 10.6.8 and am a little nervous to update software. However, I am running ilife 2009 and would like to update to the newest software for iphoto and imovie. Is this ok to do if still running os 10.6.8?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 9:29 AM

3 replies

Mar 26, 2015 9:32 AM in response to denpot10

The new versions can only be downloaded once you are running Yosemite. If there are are updaters for iLife '09 they would be available through Software Update. The next upgrade was iLife '11 which you had to purchase separately. Today you would have to look on eBay or Amazon to find retail copies for sale.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.