Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't decline incoming call from my iphone display

Dear friends,

I'm using iPhone 6 but I can't decline incoming call from my iphone display. I saw YouTube video to view reject/ decline incoming call I need to press power button twice. But seems odd to me. So now what I'll do or if there is no option for that then what'll Apple do?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 9:55 AM

The Decline button will only appear if the phone is unlocked. If the phone is locked when you receive a call, the only option is to double-tap the sleep/wake button to send it directly to voicemail. If you tap the button once, it will silence the call, but it will continue the ring cycle before going to voicemail. If the screen is awake, then you will see the Decline button. Feedback to Apple goes HERE, and click on the appropriate link.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2015 9:55 AM in response to nahid_bd

The Decline button will only appear if the phone is unlocked. If the phone is locked when you receive a call, the only option is to double-tap the sleep/wake button to send it directly to voicemail. If you tap the button once, it will silence the call, but it will continue the ring cycle before going to voicemail. If the screen is awake, then you will see the Decline button. Feedback to Apple goes HERE, and click on the appropriate link.

Nov 9, 2015 9:56 AM in response to deggie

its extra effort and what is the reason you wouldn't make it easier for consumers?? a decline button is easier. If I'm at work and the phone interrupts because I forgot to mute, I should be able to reach over "quickly" ...( very quickly) without picking up the phone to push button twice. seems very odd indeed.

The only answer is add the decline button - any other option is very odd.

Nov 9, 2015 10:05 AM in response to Norman61922

Norman61922 wrote:

its extra effort and what is the reason you wouldn't make it easier for consumers??

No one here has anything to do with it. Personally, I find using the power button much easier as I don't have to look at the phone to figure out where to put my finger. However, everyone has their own preferences.

Submit your feedback to Apple here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

I can't decline incoming call from my iphone display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.