Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Driver error classic ipod Windows 8

My MA146LL CLASSIC IPOD DOES SYNC WITH MY ITUNES; HOWEVER, WHEN I TRY TO EJECT THE IPOD FROM MY COMPUTER THE IPOD IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY MY WINDOWS 8 OPERATING SYSTEM. WHEN I GO INTO THE CONTROL PANEL AND GO TO DEVICES AND PRINTERS, THERE IS AN ICON OF THE IPOD WITH AN ERROR MESSAGE: "DRIVER ERROR". I CANNOT LOCATE A DRIVER FOR THIS OLD IPOD. ANY HELP?

THANKS

iPod nano, Windows Vista, 5th generation

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 10:32 AM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2015 9:22 AM in response to huntingmark409

Greetings huntingmark409,

Based on your post it seems you are experiencing an issue with your iPod on Windows 8. That does sound troublesome. The following article provides steps on removing and reinstalling iTunes. This can help solve problems like the one you've described. I would highly recommend following the steps in exact order, as missing a step may hinder a potential resolution. I would also recommend backing up your data as precaution.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Bobby_D

Driver error classic ipod Windows 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.