Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keychain access

how to get rid of keychain access? when i switch on my mac it is asking number of times to type the password. please help me in this regard. so much time is being wasted when i switchon my mac.

Thankyou

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 9:03 AM

Hi Revanth tv,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like Keychain Access is asking you repeatedly to enter your password(s). There are a few troubleshooting steps that can resolve this situation.

First, try using Keychain First Aid to repair your keychain using the steps in this link:

Keychain Access: If you have a problem with keychains

If the same behavior continues, you may need to reset your keychain:

Resetting your keychain in Mac OS X - Apple Support

All the best,

Jeremy

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2015 9:03 AM in response to Revanth tv

Hi Revanth tv,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like Keychain Access is asking you repeatedly to enter your password(s). There are a few troubleshooting steps that can resolve this situation.

First, try using Keychain First Aid to repair your keychain using the steps in this link:

Keychain Access: If you have a problem with keychains

If the same behavior continues, you may need to reset your keychain:

Resetting your keychain in Mac OS X - Apple Support

All the best,

Jeremy

Mar 29, 2015 10:37 AM in response to Revanth tv

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

It sounds like you may need to re-enter your Apple ID (iCloud account) password for iMessage, FaceTime, and your other iCloud services.

If you're not sure of the password, you can reset it at this link:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If this situation happened after changing your Apple ID (email address), you can also refer to the tips in these links:

If you're asked for the password to your previous Apple ID when signing out of iCloud - Apple Support

What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

Best Regards,

Jeremy

keychain access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.