Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backing up Viber app/contents

After backing up my iPhone 5c iOS 8.2, I restored my new iPhone 6 iOS 8.2 using the backup. All of the information has transferred successfully except for a few issues, one of the biggest was the Viber app. I tried to backup the old iPhone 5c twice and restoring it twice onto the new iPhone 6 but still could not get the Viber app to transfer the account and contents of the app. I know that you can save the messages and export them, but I need to transfer all data and account information. Any help on how I could transfer all information within the app to the new iPhone would be great.

Thanks for your time!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2, null

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 10:01 AM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2015 11:00 AM in response to nickrcp

From the vibe support page Viber | Create a backup file of your messages

Create a backup file of your messages

We know how important your message history is to you. If you would like to create a backup file for your messages, you can do so easily by following the steps below.*

1. Open Viber
  2. Select More options
  3. Select Settings
  4. Select Calls and messages
  5. Select Email message history
  6. Once the backup file is created, select the application through which you would like to email it and send it to yourself or any other email

*Messaging history backup is available on Android and iPhone only. Please note that backed up history cannot be restored onto your device. Viber does not store any of your message history and is unable to retrieve lost data.

Backing up Viber app/contents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.