Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

podcast

I uploaded podcasts two weeks ago and none of my episodes are showing up. I have no idea how to get this fixed. Here's the link.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/one-river-many-voices/id977691247

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 11:11 AM

5 replies

Mar 26, 2015 11:27 AM in response to portofportland

The feed works OK when subscribing in iTunes and appears to have no serious errors in the coding. However for some reason every episode is dated February 27th, so that the order is all over the place.

The Store is showing your feed is empty. It's difficult to say what's going on from the current evidence, but it seems possible that you've been messing about with the feed and the Store happened to update when it was either empty or had some error in it rendering it unreadable. If this is the case it may well update in a few days.

For reference, your feed is at

http://api.delvenetworks.com/rest/organizations/2e88d9a117c64be58c04a5cbfe819f7e /channels/52985fb4dbf54545a0b550733469e3…

(very long URL not shown complete here but link should work).

Mar 26, 2015 12:51 PM in response to portofportland

When you subscribe to a podcast you are reading the feed directly, so you see amy changed almost immediately. However the Store caches the feeds and checks for updates in some sort of rotation, so when you for example add an episode it takes as a rule 1-2 days to appear (it can sometimes be longer).

As the feed stands at the moment it can be subscribed to in iTunes, and there don't appear to be any serious problems with it. Why it's not appearing in the Store is difficult to say on the available evidence. For how long has the Store been blank? I speculated that if you had recently been making changes to the feed you might have had a period when it wasn't working properly, so that if the Store had happened to check it at that time it would cache the apparently empty version. If that happened it should sort itself out in a few days after the previous check.

Otherwise there might be a problem which is upsetting the Store but not the iTunes application. I notice that at the end of your very long URL the feed filename is given as media.itunesrss - this extension isn't valid, and should be .rss, so I wonder whether you've managed to change it recently? It's not upsetting the iTunes application or Firefox, but an incorrect extension might throw the Store. You will appreciate that all this is guesswork.

Mar 26, 2015 1:22 PM in response to portofportland

I think I've found the issue. If you look at the web page version of the Store it's empty and says '0 items'. However if you look at the Store within iTunes it's empty but says '14 items'. This sort of thing is a long-standing bug, though I haven't seen it for some time. This means that the problem lies within the Store, not with your feed.

I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about this except wait. It usually sorts itself out eventually. You could try emailing Support at podcasts 'at' apple.com, though you may not find them very helpful - nothing to lose by trying. That's the only action you can take.

However I would comment that having all your episodes with the same date is a bit inadvisable, because iTunes displays them in reverse date order and as the dates are all the same they are showing in a random order. You might want to think about re-dating them in sequence.

podcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.