Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is my iPod artwork?

My 5g iPod Touch is fully updated, and I regularly sync. But it's the first time I've encountered this problem.

After a recent sync, all of the artwork has disappeared from my Touch. When I look on iTunes on my main computer, an iMac, all of the music and pics are there - which is a relief. But when I look at my iPod, there's no artwork.

What causes this? How do I get the artwork back?

(I've also noticed that syncing has been taking me a lot longer.)

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.4, 64GB RAM

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 12:50 PM

Try:

http://www.mcelhearn.com/deleting-the-itunes-album-artwork-cache-folder-may-reso lve-problems-with-album-art-displaying/

next

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2015 12:50 PM in response to poikkeus1

Try:

http://www.mcelhearn.com/deleting-the-itunes-album-artwork-cache-folder-may-reso lve-problems-with-album-art-displaying/

next

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Mar 26, 2015 2:41 PM in response to lllaass

The advice makes sense. On iTunes, on my desktop, I deleted my settings; although a dialog said that this would irreversibly delete my data, there was a later dialog that asked me whether I want a fresh iTunes folder, or to use a prior setting. I chose the one associated with my iPod Touch. After a few hours, the artwork and settings are as good as new.

It seems the problem occurred after a recent sync or possibly update. In any case, it's fixed.

Where is my iPod artwork?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.