Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

English/British Selling

Hello, I have an apple Mac pro and am using Yosemite 10,10.

I have just downloaded 'iBooks Author'

I want to set the spelling to be English/British as opposed to American. I am vey dyslexic and REALLY need to get the correct 'format' for my spelling. I hope someone will be able to help me? 😕

Thank you in advance

Best regards

Corinne

PS I have never posted on this forum before how will I know if I have received a reply? 😕

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 11:04 AM

4 replies

Mar 26, 2015 2:46 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Hello back to you Tom.. Thank you for your response.. Could you please additionally inform me how I permanently add/select ‘British English. I selected “British English’.. The words are then spelt in the English style i.e. Color spelt Colour; but the Text-More menu then reverts back to ‘English’ i.e. wont stay ‘British English’ 😕

And if I could prevail upon you, for one more question? Would you also please tell me how I can highlight a word?

I have seen how I can 'shadow' a word; but not highlight it! 😕

I thank you again and look forward to your further response.🙂

Kind regards

Corinne

Mar 27, 2015 1:25 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Hello again Tom.. Yes, in System Preferences >text; it is already (previously) set to ‘British English’-

Any thoughts as to why it is not permanently saving British English in the iBooks Author?😕

Also should I post a separate post ion relation to how to highlight a word?

I look forward to hearing back from you again and thank you in advance

Kind regards

Corinne

English/British Selling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.