Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old template for personal finances

Hi !

With my old I used thistemplate, but it is not longer available with the new version of Numbers, do you know how to recover/where to download this template ?

Thanks advance

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 12:19 PM

7 replies

Mar 27, 2015 2:35 AM in response to Karismate

Hi Karismate,

Karismate wrote:

I told in my 1st message that I have a new mac : therefore I have the new version of numbers and I can't access to my old version on my old mac

Plan B. If you can open Numbers '09 on your old Mac, open the Checking Register in Template Chooser and Save (just an ordinary Save, not Save as Template). Move that document to a USB (thumb) stick and transfer to your new Mac. Open the document in Numbers 3 and make a small edit. That will trigger Numbers 3 to ask if you want to upgrade the document. Agree. Now Save as Template.

If you don't have a USB stick, email the Numbers '09 document from the old mac to yourself on the new Mac.

Regards,

Ian.

Mar 27, 2015 4:32 AM in response to Karismate

Hi Karismate,

So Plan B won't work. Back to Plan A 🙂.

You don't need Numbers '09 for this to work. It downloads a Numbers '09 Checking Register template (and Numbers 3 can open any Numbers '09 template or document).

Click here:

http://www.freeiworktemplates.com/2008/03/numbers-08-checkbook-register-template /#download

Click on Download, then Download iWork '09 version (Numbers 3 will open it).

It will arrive in your Downloads folder as a zip file.

Double click to unzip. Double click again to launch. It will open in Numbers 3.

As soon as you start to edit it, Numbers will ask you if you want upgrade the spreadsheet. Click on Upgrade.

Then Menu > File > Save As Template.

Done.

That spreadsheet is quite different from the Apple template, so I guess it has been created from scratch. Therefore I hope I am right in thinking there is no Apple copyright.

Regards,

Ian.

Old template for personal finances

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.