Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 6 plus after updating to IOS 8.2 the touch id doesn't work neither in home unlock nor in app store and when i'm trying to add a new fingerprint it says ''failed unable to complete touch id setup.Please go back and try again'' .

my iphone 6 plus after updating to IOS 8.2 seems to have a problem with the touch id witch doesn't work neither in home unlock nor in app store and when i'm trying to add a new fingerprint it says ''failed unable to complete touch id setup.Please go back and try again'' . I have multiple fingerprints and none of them appear to work.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2017 8:49 AM

Hi Giannis,

If you are having an issue with Touch ID not functioning as expected, I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article -

Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

Start with the section titled Clean the Touch ID sensor and then Get help with Touch ID.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Sincerely,

Brett L

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2017 8:49 AM in response to Giannis Argyriou

Hi Giannis,

If you are having an issue with Touch ID not functioning as expected, I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article -

Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

Start with the section titled Clean the Touch ID sensor and then Get help with Touch ID.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Sincerely,

Brett L

my iphone 6 plus after updating to IOS 8.2 the touch id doesn't work neither in home unlock nor in app store and when i'm trying to add a new fingerprint it says ''failed unable to complete touch id setup.Please go back and try again'' .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.