Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Local mac tutoring Tulsa

I need help with learning to use some of the features of my Mac. It's too late to get an Apple One to One membership as I have had the computer for a couple of years. Would think there would be experienced individuals in my area that could provide tutoring but I haven't found out how to locate them. There is a Mac club here but they say they can't help me or lead me to anyone who can.

My main issues are organizing in iPhoto and putting various photos or albums on my iPhone and iPad. My computer is also very slow, I mean really slow in all programs, not just web surfing. I expect it to be slow there since I live in the country and can't get a very fast connection. The computer is slow at everything. When I try to put the cursor in a fill in box I can go make a sandwich while it takes its time to become active. I can type in a whole paragraph before the first typed letter shows up on the screen. Opening programs, even finder is a several minute ordeal.

How do I find a tutor and someone who can check out my computer for these problems?

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 12:55 PM

12 replies

Apr 6, 2015 2:13 PM in response to neoflyer

A couple of suggestions... Simplest option is to go to Finder (click on the desk top, you should see "Finder" in the upper left corner next to the Apple logo. Then click on "Help" and a drop down menu will open. Select the bottom choice "Get to know your Mac". Second option... If there is an Apple store close by you can sign up for free group classes. I believe they also offer one-on-one instruction for a fee.

Aug 8, 2015 3:47 PM in response to neoflyer

I can type in a whole paragraph before the first typed letter shows up on the screen. Opening programs, even finder is a several minute ordeal.

Download and run Etrecheck. Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here (and recommended by Apple Support personnel) in the ASC to help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

Local mac tutoring Tulsa

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.