Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I install Windows 7, 64 bit, using boot camp on Mac book pro running OS X Yosemite?

can I install windows 7 (64 bit) on a new MacBook Pro running OS X Yosemite using Boot Camp? The system requirements table implies that only Windows 8 ( which I don't want!) is supported on a new (2015) machine whereas elsewhere in the information about using Boot Camp it talks about installing Windows 7 or 8 as if it follows the same process.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 11:11 AM

2 replies

Mar 26, 2015 11:45 AM in response to RNSaunders

Apple stopped Bootcamp support for Windows 7 on the new 2015 Macbooks. They only support Windows 8 or the soon to be released Windows 10.

http://www.technewstoday.com/22203-apple-stops-boot-camp-support-for-windows-7-o n-latest-macbook-models/

You will have to use a third party Virtual Machine if you want to run Win 7 on your new Mac. Parallels and VMWare Fusion are the two most popular ones.

Can I install Windows 7, 64 bit, using boot camp on Mac book pro running OS X Yosemite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.