Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappearing music from iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 8.2

All of my non-purchased music (1,500 songs +) and personalized playlists were erased off my iPhone overnight; however, my purchased music (115 songs) is still there. I do not sync with iCloud over Wi-Fi, have not synced with a computer or upgraded software recently. I was just listening to one of my playlists last night...gone when I woke up this morning. I am absolutely puzzled!

Is anyone else having this issue with iOS 8.2 or know of a solution to the problem?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2, 12D508

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 11:46 AM

10 replies

Mar 29, 2015 12:13 PM in response to Clarke2863

I have similar issues.... I have the iPhone 5s(business purposes) and the iPhone 6 (personal use) and after the latest update all music I manually transfer/ sync gets deleted randomly and especially when I reconnect it to iTunes.

I deleted and re-installed iTunes. I called tech support and they were able to "fix" it temporary and today again iTunes deleted all music from my phone except for the ones I purchased on iTunes. In addition, iTunes would say that I have 100 songs on my iPhone but when I check the phone nothing appears. The 100 songs that iTunes says I have have an exclamation point and are cannot be played when I try playing them directly on iTunes on my Mac.

Mar 29, 2015 1:08 PM in response to runforfun84

Yeah, I have the same exact problem. Hundreds of unplayable songs on my phone, according to my iMac's iTunes... but the phone shows an empty Itunes. I have not found a workaround yet, and I do not want to format and restore my phone and lose the hundreds of hand selected songs I put on the phone. This all happened immediately after 8.2 update.

Apr 5, 2015 8:57 PM in response to runforfun84

Got tired of listeing to web radio.. So I Restored phone, then restored backup. All music on the phone is gone of course (though one iphone rep told me that my music may be left over after that process?!?)... Then put new music on there and it plays and shows fine.

Haven't seen any solution to be able to fix, or move forward using the songs that have become 'ghosted' on your phone. (without restoring it).

Apr 6, 2015 12:49 PM in response to illbilly

That did not work for me. I just came back from the Apple store and they were not successful in fixing it and had absolutely no explanation as what the issue was. They also wanted me to set up another appointment on a different date. Great customer service, Apple.

So far I have done the following:

-Re-installed iTunes

-Factory reset on my phone(s)

-Restored back up on iPhone 6

-Contacted apple by phone, online chat

-Apple store

Disappearing music from iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 8.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.