Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari is freezing after recent update. Many others having same problem. How long does it take Apple to release fixes for this? I do NOT want to reset to factory settings.

I recently updated to 8.2 and now Safari freezes. I see many people are having the same issue and I've seen the fixes. I cleared the history and restarted, still freezing. I do NOT want to reset to factory settings. I am scared I'll lose everything. How long does it take Apple to release fixes when there is a major problem like this? Thanks.

iPad 2, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 11:59 AM

4 replies

Mar 26, 2015 12:08 PM in response to Docvelocity

I Have never read anywhere that Safari freezing is a major problem in iOS 8.2. With any software release, there are going to be a percentage of users that experience issues with their devices, but to state that there is a problem that needs to be fixed might be going a little too far.

There could be a number of reasons why Safari so freezing. You might have an app conflict or a corrupt setting. If you don't want to do any further troubleshooting and wait around for a fix, that's your choice. Nobody knows when the next iOS will be released so you could be waiting for a while.

By the way, I have restored to factory settings a couple of times and I never lost a thing. If you backup, restore to factory settings and then restore the backup, you shouldn't lose anything at all.

Mar 26, 2015 1:00 PM in response to Demo

Thanks for the reply, Demo. The reason I said it was a problem that needs to be fixed was that when I typed it in to google, there were a tremendous number of pages addressing the problem. This update has cause a lot of folks safaris to freeze.

I do appreciate the input on restoring to factory settings, I will look into doing that.

Mar 26, 2015 1:11 PM in response to Docvelocity

With all software - the only problems that get fixed are the ones that are reported to the correct support area.

If the people posting on other sites have not either called Apple Support or Given Apple Feedback than apple is unaware of the problem - so it will not be fixed.

At least give them feed back at http://www.apple.com/feedback/

On the snow leopard version of Safari did discover that top sites add to themselves and refresh themselves and can cause a lot of problems if not continually pruned.

Safari is freezing after recent update. Many others having same problem. How long does it take Apple to release fixes for this? I do NOT want to reset to factory settings.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.