Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

simple cut and paste

all of the suggestions here and on google work. problem #1 don't work consistently. #2 not simple.

isn't there a way to add simple cut and paste to right click menu?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 12:38 PM

6 replies

Apr 26, 2017 8:35 AM in response to mri1397

RE iPad, latest update. I need to cut (or copy). and paste. The above is unintelligible -it looks like reprogramming. Elsewhere Apple referred me to the manual but there is nothing there about the subject. Elsewhere it was suggested that I get an app so I searched on 'cut & paste' but everything was for illustration. I then searched 'cut & paste text' ant it told me there is no answer.

MY pic has just failed si I was comparing anotherWindows versus Apple: it looks like I have to abandon the concept of Apple.

next problem; my iPad turns off after 2 minotes which is a nuisance if I am checking a dictionary. Apple told me to(And did) change the setting to permanently on but that had no effect. If Apple can't get it right who can?

i

I Tried getting help on a list of about 20 queries at the Apple Store; I had to go back for a lesson which covered about 5 queries and was told I would have to sign for more lessons at which the instructor MIGHT cover more. At 40minutesdrive each way and up to a week booking time this is unacceptable. Is there a decent instruction manual ( and DON'T refer to the manual

Mar 26, 2015 1:03 PM in response to mri1397

Copy/Paste where?

What app (Finder is an App too)

Exactly what part of the copy/paste you are using is not reliable? Can you describe this? If appropriate, give screen shots?

Can you describe the command sequence you are using to perform your copy/paste?

Would you care to post any Google Links if they suggest something that does not work well for you?

Mar 27, 2015 7:01 PM in response to mri1397

You still have not told anyone what application you are using. It is very difficult to guess what app out of the thousands available for Mac OS X.

If you are talking the Finder, then you do not do Cut & Paste. Rather you do Copy & Move

Select the file

Command-C

(or Finder -> Edit -> Copy)

(or Right-Click -> Copy "name.of.file")

Move to the destination folder

Command-Option-V

(or Finder -> Edit -> Hold Option -> Move Item Here)

(or Right-Click -> Hold Option -> Move Item Here)

If I have guessed wrong, then you need to give us a lot more information so that we can figure out what you are really asking.

simple cut and paste

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.