Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 stuck in headphone mode

So I had my iPhone 6 plugged into a radio when i got a call. i awnsered the call and then inmediatly took out the plug from the phone.

I searched on the internet and learned that doing this caused the problem, but when trying out any tips i could find on Google didnt work, im getting a bit worried.

i Tried plugging in and out like 100 times , resetting my phone, restarting my phone, and it looks clean too. now i hope there is another solution because the closest Apple store is 2 hours away so i hoor i can fix it myself.

i hope i was clear enough about my issues. If not, please let me Know. Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 11:51 AM

Hi Tommelz,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like you are not hearing sound from the speaker. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read this article, it has a few steps you did not mention trying and may be able to help the issue.

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

Cheers,

Mario

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2015 11:51 AM in response to Tommelz

Hi Tommelz,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like you are not hearing sound from the speaker. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read this article, it has a few steps you did not mention trying and may be able to help the issue.

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

Cheers,

Mario

Jun 28, 2015 12:42 AM in response to Tommelz

I had the same issue After some water splashed on mine. After trying everything possible I found that inside where the jack goes, there are a couple of tiny balls that tell the phone if the headphones are in or out. one of these little balls must have got stuck in and hence the phone thought headphones were in. I used the little key thing that is used to take the sim out, and pushed each little ball a few times. All of a sudden problem solved. Phone back to normal.

Jul 20, 2015 8:55 AM in response to TimRomanRennie

Thank You TimRomanRennie!! I dropped my phone in the toilet and I quickly dried it, but the headphone mode was set on. I tried a hard reset and my phone was due for the new update, still no luck Then I read this suggestion. I used an air compressor to clean key boards to make sure it was dry and a push pin to tap the little balls in the phone jack. It worked!!

iPhone 6 stuck in headphone mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.