Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I edit my payment information on itunes?

When I try to change my payment info like my CC# the error message tells me that my payment info doesn't match my banks records which is not true. I simply need to update my CC info because I lost my old card and had to get a new one. itunes is not allowing itself to take my money and you are losing it as a consequence.

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 12:33 PM

4 replies

Mar 26, 2015 12:40 PM in response to Basileai

For info we are fellow users here on these user-to-user forums, you're not talking to iTunes Support nor Apple.

You have exactly the same layout (spacing and format) on your iTunes account as the card is registered to ? And have you tried just logging into your account (not when trying to download anything), selecting 'none' to remove the existing card, exiting the screen, and then entering the new card from scratch ?

Mar 26, 2015 1:05 PM in response to Basileai

If the format and spacing match exactly, and it was issued by a US bank, then from iTunes Store: My credit card's security code or zip code does not match my bank's records - Apple Support :

If the issue persists, contact your credit card company and verify that they and any company they use to process credit card authorizations have the correct information on file.

And you could try contacting iTunes Support : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

Why can't I edit my payment information on itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.