Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trojan.html.phishbank.ugc were found on my mac

Wtih the risk of sounding completely stupid … But I'm pretty new to Apple products.

So I accidentally downloaded an attachment from my work e-mail. I clicked on a link in the e-mail (it was supposed to be a tracking number and I didn't check the sender's email, just saw the logo ...), .zip automatically downloaded into my Downloads folder, when I clicked on it, it unzipped an .exe file and I immediately deleted them both without clicking on the .exe file.

I installed Bitdefender to check and 6 threats trojan.html.phishbank.ugc were found on my mac. Bitdefender deleted them. Was that a virus or just nothing or …? Is everything completely safe to use now?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 12:38 PM

2 replies

Mar 26, 2015 12:47 PM in response to Tejci5

Yes, you should now be safe. Don't click on links you don't know or call any telephone numbers. These are phishing scams. Files ending with .exe are Windows executables and cannot run on a Mac. Nor are Windows viruses functional on a Mac. But you can pass them on to other Windows users through forwarded email.

trojan.html.phishbank.ugc were found on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.