Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes won't play through bose soundlink, but it did before my update today

Hello Community,

I'm new to this forum, so apologies if I've posted incorrectly. My itunes played just fine through my Bose Soundlink prior to my update today, but now the music only plays through my PC's speakers.

I haven't accepted any itunes updates since one wiped out all of the music on my ipod Classic YEARS ago -- yep, it's been that long! Now, I finally accept an update today, and now this... :-(

Any help getting back to "normal" with my Bose Soundlink would be appreciated.

Thanks!

null-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 3:21 PM

Make sure you have the latest version of QuickTime (7.6.6) installed - if this is missing or out of date there may be no audio output from iTunes (including, but not limited to, playback through Bluetooth devices) or playback may be of poor quality.

Also check iTunes' Play Audio Using setting in Edit > Preferences > Playback (you will have to restart iTunes for any changes to take effect). In most cases selecting Direct Sound addresses playback issues when Windows Audio Session is active (though some users have reported the reverse),

If neither of these solves your problem try installing this alternate version: iTunes 12.1.1 for Windows (64-bit — for older video cards). The "for older video cards" label is a little misleading, as this also fixes some playback issues, QuickTime and Outlook interoperability errors, and problems with other third-party applications.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2015 3:21 PM in response to 11LD11

Make sure you have the latest version of QuickTime (7.6.6) installed - if this is missing or out of date there may be no audio output from iTunes (including, but not limited to, playback through Bluetooth devices) or playback may be of poor quality.

Also check iTunes' Play Audio Using setting in Edit > Preferences > Playback (you will have to restart iTunes for any changes to take effect). In most cases selecting Direct Sound addresses playback issues when Windows Audio Session is active (though some users have reported the reverse),

If neither of these solves your problem try installing this alternate version: iTunes 12.1.1 for Windows (64-bit — for older video cards). The "for older video cards" label is a little misleading, as this also fixes some playback issues, QuickTime and Outlook interoperability errors, and problems with other third-party applications.

May 25, 2017 3:20 PM in response to 11LD11

I started having an issue when I installed itunes 12.6.1. The Bose Soundlink will not consistently connect using airplay. If the connection is not used for a while (you pause playback for a few minutes, itunes loses the connection and will no longer connect. The only way to reconnect is to turn the Bose on and off. With mine Bose, the easiest way is to remove the battery. When the Bose restarts it will connect with itunes using airplay. Something changed in this version of itunes that is impacting airplay and the Bose. My AppleTV is not having the problem using airplay.

itunes won't play through bose soundlink, but it did before my update today

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.