Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't remove an app from my Iphone

I have an iPhone 4s, updated to the latest iOS

I recently updated some apps on my iPhone, all of them bar one updated normally. The app in question was 'updating' for around three days, stuck at 3/4 of the way through updating. There were were no interruptions during the updating and like I said, all the other apps updated normally. After around three days I tried a hard reset of my phone to see what would happen. As soon as my phone came back on and I tapped the app, it started 'updating' again, and went 3/4 of the way before stopping again.

So I tried deleting the app. The name at the bottom of the app went, but the actual app icon stayed. If I tap and hold it the shaky 'x' comes up to delete the app, but it just says "Deleting " " will also delete all of it's data." it doesn't display the name of the app, and again, the actual icon doesn't go.

If I go back to the appstore, it says I can redownload the app from the store (with the cloud and arrow button) and if I press that, once again the app highlights that it's loading, but stops around 3/4 of the way.

So then I connected to itunes on my laptop and tried to remove it that way. Even though on the screen/shelf view of my phone on itunes it shows that the app is there, if i try searching for it though itunes isn't showing the app, and on itunes there's no 'x' that comes up when I hover over the app, like it appears on the others.

I can't think of another way to delete the app, but I want it gone from my phone. If I can't remove it from my phone using itunes, and can't remove it from my actual phone, how else can I get rid of it. I've turned my phone on and off, I've hard reset, I've closed all the apps in the background... I can't think of anything else.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 12:22 PM

1 reply

Can't remove an app from my Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.