Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you Install programs to one user account on a macbook pro?

I want to download programs to my user account on my laptop without the other peoples accounts having access to it. How do you specify only to download to this account, or change the settings of past installed programs to only be accessible to my account and not the others

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 7:52 AM

stevief94 wrote:

Say I installed FIFA 15 to my laptop, how do I make it to where only my account will have it downloaded, and not the other accounts on my laptop

As I explained before, you put it in your user accounts application folder (~/applications) not in the main applications folder.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2015 7:52 AM in response to stevief94

stevief94 wrote:

Say I installed FIFA 15 to my laptop, how do I make it to where only my account will have it downloaded, and not the other accounts on my laptop

As I explained before, you put it in your user accounts application folder (~/applications) not in the main applications folder.

How do you Install programs to one user account on a macbook pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.