Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music won't sync from iCloud to iTunes.

I just bought a 15" Macbook Pro and am trying to get all my iTunes stuff sorted out. My iPhone was really out of date so now that I have a working computer I took the opportunity to back up my phone, sync everything to the computer, and update and restore my phone. After doing so I tried to put my music back on my phone but it will only download about 35 or so songs out of 800 from iCloud. The other songs show up in my library but will not allow me to download them-the little cloud and arrow show up but it is not possible to click on it (see included picture).

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 2:17 PM

4 replies

Mar 26, 2015 2:44 PM in response to Hi'ileiGrace

My guess is there is some ownership or authorization issue.

This issue would likely not occur if all the following were true. So I would strongly guess at least one of these conditions is awry:

• You are signed into the iTunes Store on your MacBook Pro using your Apple ID and password.
  • All songs you reference that were purchased in the iTunes Store were purchased using this same Apple ID.
  • Your computer is authorized to use this same Apple ID.
  • Your iPhone is signed in to iTunes and uses this same Apple ID.

Music won't sync from iCloud to iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.