Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Library Gone

I have been working all day trying to find a way just to get iMovie to turn on, at first it showed that my iMovie Library was completely empty (and all me projects now have no content) so I thought the logical thing to do would to restart the computer. Unfortunately, this only made things worse. When I came back on I couldn't even turn on iMovie until clicking the icon a lot which only resulted in a mostly white screen (except the top panel which says import, create, library, etc, and a side panel). After searching all over the internet I found thisiMovie 10.0.5 not responding when opened and it worked, the only problem now is that I am back where I started, my iMovie Library is COMPLETELY gone, nothing left. I had lots of projects that weren't saved on anywhere else and that I spent a very long time on. Does anyone know how I can get my iMovie library back?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 2:43 PM

5 replies

Mar 27, 2015 8:52 AM in response to Klaus1

So you're saying that if I didn't set up time machine that they're gone forever? Why'd this happen? And when I say that the problem of launching iMovie is better now, I mean that I CAN turn it on but each time I have to hold down option then click the iMovie Library multiple times on the window that opens. Is there anyway to make it open the way that it used to?

iMovie Library Gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.