Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with artist sorting itunes 12

So I recently bought a new MBP and I'm having some issues with my itunes library specially when i try to sort by artist. When I type in 'the prodigy' into my search bar the group shows up but right in the middle of the songs by the prodigy is a different artist. if its sorted by artist this other artist should not be there Any help with my sorting issue would be appreciated!

User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 1:33 PM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2015 4:13 AM in response to Runzhouse

Just adding to Limnos' point, search normally works on all visible text fields and, perhaps, some key fields whether shown or not. Both lines by other artists include the words "The" and "Prodigy" somewhere in their text. You can click the small magnifying glass in the search box to limit search to, say, artist or album. Given that your view appears to be sorted on artist however, I still suspect there something in the sort artist or sort album artist fields that would explain why that particular highlighted track shows up there.

tt2

Issue with artist sorting itunes 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.