Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

✖ airport block access to server, mac mail don't work

AirPort extreme is blocking some server to send or receive mail using Mac Mail.

How can I resolve this?

I have disconnect AirPort and reset the base. Issue not resolve!!!

AirPort Utility v6.3.4

Please help.

Thank you,

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 1:35 PM

8 replies

Mar 26, 2015 5:05 PM in response to nichols

I can access my account from Gmail but not from Mac Mail. It was possible to access mail until I change password.

What password did you change? If you are able to access your Gmail POP mail account with a web browser then both your Mac's and router firewall are not the problem. Instead, it could be as simple as a setting in Mac Mail that is mis-configured. I would suggest that you delete, and then, recreate your Gmail connector in Mac Mail to see if this resolves the issue. Also, did you recently enable Google's 2-step verification or established a Google app password? If so, you will need to create a unique password for using Gmail in Mac Mail in order to access it.

When iMac is connect to ethernet cable, no issue. Everything work.

... and this could be another issue that may need to be resolved. Please try the above solution first and post back your results before we attempt to tackle this one.

Apr 10, 2015 12:12 PM in response to Tesserax

"What password did you change?"

password was change on my web site control panel (ex: info@mydomaine.com) for security

"If you are able to access your Gmail POP mail account with a web browser then both your Mac's and router firewall are not the problem"

If I use a browser like Chrome, I can login to Gmail and send/receive mail with info@mydomaine.com.

I know you suggest many option with Gmail, understand before this discusion, Gmail was not configure in Mac Mail. I have a Gmail and use emails like: info@mydomaine.com for option because of that issue.

Now that I have add my Gmail account to Mac Mail, I can send email from Gmail out going server

2 things for more informations:

My emails accounts have 2 differents server:

• server2200.domaine.com
  • server2300.domaine.com

Configuration are the same with thoses server. Email using "server2300.domaine.com" work sending/receiving no issue.

second: when iMac is connect to ethernet cable, everything works no issue.

I have reset my AirPort base and firmeware is update to: 7.6.4

iMac has all lates update until today. 10.10.3

I appreciate your time + support and hope we can fix this.

thank you

✖ airport block access to server, mac mail don't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.