Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changed Apple ID; all of Notes GONE

To make this easy, I will give my old Apple ID the name of Black and the new ID the name of White.

I went to "Manage my Apple ID" and I changed my Apple ID, Black, to a different ID White and I also changed the password. So, after I did that, I went to my phone, Setting > iTunes & App Store, then I logged out of Black and logged into White. Keep in mind, it is the same account, but just a different Apple ID/email. Then I go to Settings > iCloud, and it refuses to let me log out or sign out because it wants me to put in the password of the account but it is showing Black, the OLD one. So, it won't let me log out, whether I used the old password or the new one. After days of trying to log out of Black and going on the internet for help to no avail, out of nowhere, it logs me out of Black using the new password. So I log into the SAME account but with the new Apple ID, White. BUT ALL THE NOTES ARE GONE!!! I still had all the contacts, reminders, calendars and junk like that, but I am missing all the notes.

This is where it gets very confusing. I decided to experiment a little. With my Notes app being empty, I put in one new note. So I log out of White, logging out of both iCloud and iTunes, then I change my Apple ID back to Black. I check my Notes app (keep in mind, I am still logged out of both iCloud and iTunes) and it is empty. Ok. I log back into iCloud and iTunes with Black, I go to the Notes app and none of the old notes are back, but the new note that I made with White was there. How come? Why didn't it get deleted like the others. By the way, every time I logged out of iCloud, it asked me to delete "Documents and Data", sign out of "Find My iPhone", keep all junk and merge all junk.

So I log out of Black, of both iCloud and iTunes, change the Apple ID back to White, then check the Notes app while being logged out (empty), then log back in to iCloud and iTunes on my phone using White and I find the note is there.

Why? I changed my ID to a different one just like in the beginning and ALL my notes were deleted. How come this time, this one note DID NOT??? Is it because, in the beginning, I changed my ID WHILE I was still logged into iCloud, so it made it difficult for me to log out, and when I finally did, it deleted my notes? How come it didn't delete anything else? Why were the notes the only things targeted? And no, they are not in my email account's notes folder either.

I have had to deal with losing notes for too long. I am getting an app from the App Store because Apple ***** at everything. But I want to know if there is a way to get them back. And no, I don't back up my phone to iCloud, I used to and it caused me too much trouble just like this.

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 1:37 PM

There are no replies.

Changed Apple ID; all of Notes GONE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.