Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 is stuck on the "Temperature" screen

Almost every time I use the Pandora application it heats up my iPhone 6 and drains the battery at about 1% a minute. This time I pulled it off the charger (attached to my desktop at work), closed out Pandora completely and turned my phone completely off so it could cool down. After it had cooled, I turned it back on and it went from the Apple logo to the "Temperature - iPhone needs to cool down before you can use it" screen. It has been 1 1/2 hours since I turned it off and it is still stuck on that screen.

Please, is there any way to fix this without losing everything? I don't back my phone up so I don't have any way to recover my things.

Thank you,

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 2:33 PM

4 replies

Mar 26, 2015 2:45 PM in response to FrankB06

Wait a bit longer. If it doesn't recover on its own you can try a Reset (you won't lose any data): hold the HOME and SLEEP buttons at the same time until an Apple logo appears. This won't work, of course, if the phone has suffered damage as a result of the overheating.

You should consider backing up your phone, unless you don't have anything important on it. There has never been any computing device that is 100% reliable, and not having a backup is shooting yourself in the foot. As backups are free and automatic to iCloud (if for some odd reason you don't want to back up to your computer) there is no excuse for not backing up a phone. Even if you recover this time, I guarantee that at some point your phone will fail, or you will lose it, or it will be stolen. And if you don't have a backup you will be SOL.

Mar 26, 2015 3:14 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you for responding, Lawrence. Still having the issue though. I've reset it 3 times. The phone is still cool to the touch and still having the issue. It's been about 2 hours. I completely forgot about backing up my phone but I guess that's what I get. Is there even a way to restore it? I don't want to go that route but, if I have to, I will.

Mar 27, 2015 7:31 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

So, I never got it to work. I couldn't get it to read on itunes, even to just restore it. I found that I could turn it completely off, hold the home button while plugging in the usb from the computer and it would connect to itunes just so I could restore it. I clicked restore and it said "Extracting Software" and then, after, the update bar on the iphone popped up but never loaded. Then an Error popped up on my laptop saying it could not restore the iPhone. So I have tried every avenue at this point. Now it's stuck on this screen, instead of the "Temperature" screen:

User uploaded file

This pops up when I have the phone off, hold the Home button down and plug the USB in from the laptop.

My wife is going to try taking it in to Apple today to see if they have some in stock and can swap it out. Fingers crossed. This phone is brand new (got it in December) and is in great condition... at least on the exterior.

My iPhone 6 is stuck on the "Temperature" screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.