Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 5s's screen is not responsive. I can't even restart the device. If I reset the device, will I have to do a back up or it will turn on normally? I don't want to backup and restore the device.

I need help

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 3:45 PM

1 reply

Mar 27, 2015 12:00 AM in response to salfahmi

Try to reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. You will not lose any data by resetting.

If you can, back up the phone using iTunes on your computer:

Create and delete iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups in iTunes

If the screen is still not responding after the reset, the next thing to try would be restoring the phone to factory settings, to rule out a software problem:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

If still not working after that, the screen has a hardware issue and the phone has to be serviced:

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

My iphone 5s's screen is not responsive. I can't even restart the device. If I reset the device, will I have to do a back up or it will turn on normally? I don't want to backup and restore the device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.